It’s hard to believe that 2019 is just a few days away. Wasn’t Halloween just a couple of weeks ago!?
Time feels like it moves much faster at the end of the year. You blink and the next thing you know a new year is here – that year on the calendar that used to feel like decades away in the future has now become part of your present.
As you move into he new year, what is on your mind? Are you reflecting back on 2018? Are you setting some new financial, physical, or relational goals?
Let me encourage you, as the new year approaches, to give serious through to some spiritual goals. Whatever you call them (resolutions, goals, commitments, visions of a better future, etc) you and I should eagerly desire to grow in our faith, our love, and our understanding of what Christ has done for us.
Did you know God’s Word tells us some things about prosperity?
As you seek to prosper in 2019, reflect upon these verses of Scripture.
- “This book of the law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it; for then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have success.” Joshua 1:8
- “But his delight is in the law of the Lord, And in His law he meditates day and night. He will be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water, Which yields its fruit in its season; and its leaf does not wither; and in whatever he does, he prospers.” Psalm 1:2-3
- “So keep the words of this covenant to do them, that you may prosper in all that you do.” Deuteronomy 29:9
- “blessed are those who hear the word of God and observe it.” Luke 11:28b
- “All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.” 2 Timothy 3:16-17
Do you see the recurring theme?
Our prosperity is directly tied to our living in God’s Word, by God’s Word, and according to God’s Word.Our prosperity is directly tied to our living in God's Word, by God's Word, and according to God's Word. Click To Tweet
Prosperity is not described as health and wealth, but rather an internal peace that rest upon your heart and life. Peace that only comes from knowing Jesus Christ.
As you prepare for 2019, let me encourage you to make God’s Word a priority in your life. Read it daily. Think about it often. Allow it’s living words to care for your needy soul.