Antioch Georgetown Church exists to lead people to follow Christ in a life-changing way. Planted in January 2018, Antioch has grown from a core team of 20 adults to a weekend gathering of 500. As we enter a new phase of ministry, we are seeking a gifted worship pastor to lead our church in Spirit-lead, Christ-centered worship. Antioch has multiple services utilizing contemporary/modern worship style with full band.
The Worship Pastor is primarily responsible for creating and planning engaging worship environments that celebrate God and build up the church.
- Collaboratively plan and implement worship and creative elements that support the theme and direction of weekend services.
- Serve as the primary worship leader for weekend services.
- Develop vocalists, musicians, other worship leaders, and the production team.
- Schedule rehearsals and systems related to the worship ministry.
- Schedule volunteers for the worship team, production team, and setup/teardown teams.
- Provide training and growth opportunities for volunteers.
- Equip volunteers and teams with necessary tools and/or resources.
Basic expectations for this position include general qualities of Christian character, evidence of a gentle spirit, and particular strengths in the area of leadership.
- Be a committed follower of Jesus Christ.
- Align with Antioch’s Statement of Beliefs, mission, and vision.
- Commitment to Antioch’s culture.
- Passion to lead others spiritually.
- Desire to disciple others in and through worship ministry.
- Genuine support and care to church staff and members.
- Possess a good reputation with those outside our church.
- Able to lead with calmness through adversity,challenging circumstances, and pressure.
- Humble and gentle in spirit. Not quarrelsome.
- Shows the fruit of a servant.
Georgetown, Texas continues to be one of the fastest growing areas in the nation. On average, about 15 people move to Georgetown every day. As a northern suburb of Austin, Georgetown is known for its vibrant square, hike and bike trails, and convenient access to the San Gabriel River and lake.
To apply, please send resume and video links to email@example.com:
- Resume with a cover letter explaining what led you to apply for this position.
- A short video (less than three minutes) that tells us a little about you, your family, and your background in ministry generally and leading worship specifically.
- Link to a recent video leading worship.