I know it’s cliche, but it’s true, “readers are leaders.”
Reading sharpens the mind, challenges your thinking, and inspires you toward action. As Charlie Jones famously said, “You will be the same person in five years as you are today except for the people you meet and the books you read.”
So start reading!
Whether you’re skimming through a blog like this, listening to audible, or diving into a hard-copy book, we all should make a habit of reading.
It’s a great and worthy endeavor, but where do you start? I asked that question during a recent staff meeting and wanted to share the responses. These are books that have made a difference in our lives, and our hope is that you will be inspired to grab a copy to read for yourself.
But we also want to hear from you! In the comments below, share with us some of the books that have made an impact in your life.
- Don’t Waste Your Life – John Piper
- To Live is Christ, To Die is Gain – Matt Chandler
- I Am a Church Member – Thom Rainer
- The Power of Moments – Chip Heath
- Extreme Ownership – Jocko Willink
- Hope in the Dark – Craig Groeschel
- The Hobbit – J.R.R. Tolkein
- Margins – Richard Swenson
- A Thousand Gifts – Ann Voskamp
- Divine Mentor – Wayne Cordeiro
- Seeking Allah Finding Jesus – Nabeel Qureshi
- Never Split the Difference – Chris Voss